Re: photographer's block

On Tue, 20 Aug 2002, kostas papakotas wrote:

> well i feel like i'm left in an oarless boat in the middle of a tranquile
> lake, these days....

  Time to fish...

> i guess you all had your moments of lack of inspiration combined with no
> great achievents (aka a writer's block), but mine seems to been going on for
> some months now...(much like my radio days go)

  Great achievements ? Um...yes, I'm no stranger to those periods.

> furthermore it'm getting no further, concerning the quality of my photos, to
> the extend that teh 2 last concert sessions were, maybe, the worst these
> year.

  WHy ? Exactly what made the quality lower than you expected ?
  Was it technical ? Creative ? More information, please.

> i wonder if i have reached the end of my abilities, or if it is a matter of
> equipment.

  You may need to work on your abilities, but...
   I doubt you've found the end of your creative potential, Kostas.

  Hey ! Stop climbing that fence...and all that teeth gnashing's going to
ruin that smile. Geez.

> A new camera with autobracketing and IR focusing beam would help,

  Explain how.

> along with some f/2.8 auto focus lenses, but it is not always the materials
> that count.
> i even felt that technique can help you with equipment defficiencies, but
> now i wonder.

  Please explain the problems you are having.

> so what do you think? what's the way out?

  Way OUT ? You mean way through...  See my next post....

  -- Luis