RE: photographer's block

What a nice, peaceful image......

> furthermore it'm getting no further, concerning the quality
> of my photos, to
> the extend that teh 2 last concert sessions were, maybe, the
> worst these
> year.

How are you judging your photos? Do they suck artistically, technically or both? If its a technical problem then do what I do. Build your own equipment. It won't work right and be four times more difficult to use but when you go back to the factory produced stuff you'll be amazed how much better it is than you originally thought. Now if the problem is artistic then get out of those dark, noisy, smoke filled bars and take up shooting flowers on bright sunny days. If you were born to be a concert photographer then the fresh air and sunshine will drive you insane and back into the bars with renewed vigor and a taste for unfiltered cigarettes and cheap bourbon.

> i wonder if i have reached the end of my abilities, or if it
> is a matter of
> equipment. A new camera with autobracketing and IR focusing
> beam would help,
> along with some f/2.8 auto focus lenses, but it is not always
> the materials
> that count.

Actually in my opinion its never the material that count. Picasso made a pretty good living ripping up magazines.

Greg