From: Lee John <john_f_lee@hotmail.com>
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students <photoforum@listserver.isc.rit.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 13:11:06 -0400
Subject: Software for slide & phot management?

I am searching for a program that will (a) create a searchable database of
pictures by date/description/category etc (jpgs, tiffs & gifs need not be
included) and that will (b) print labels for slides.  Alternatively, I am
interested in feedback on the computer programs used by others to manage
their negs, slides and prints.  It seems most to the software out there
right now is targeted at digital users.  Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.

(and I have a second question)  How do you keep track of your negs and
slides in an orderly fashion?  (Is it easier just to use index cards?)

--John.

To be a useful person has always appeared to me to be something particularly horrible.
--Charles Baudelaire