> But Seriously Re: Light and filters question to ponder

Light that strikes the film plane is measured in 'Wavelength.'  Within the
wavelength is a 'band width' and each color has a temperature along the band
width that effects the photo sensitive material differently.  Filters
deflect some sensitivity off the wavelength and compress the most into few
bands within the wavelength.  To use a filter or filter pak lets us control
the wavelength, making it even when the light strikes the film plane to make
a picture.

Ansel expressed his preference to non coated lenses in a letter to Cole when
the young Weston was shipping for a lens, at the beginning of his individual
career.  AA said he wanted to control the wavelength with filter choices of
his own, not to rely on the interpretation of the manufacturers' coating.

As a student in physics, myself, the teacher began our study of light by
asking us to consider:  What happens to the light when you turn off the
switch before going to bed?

S. Shapiro, Carmel