RE: Gallery Impressions on 13 August 2002

-----Original Message-----
From: Photogonow@aol.com [mailto:Photogonow@aol.com]

HA-!!  This Self-Portrait Photo is a Hoax!

The Photo is Real & the description is accurate - but I was flying LifeFlite as a Passenger - not the Pilot.  The Photo is reversed (check the Men's shirt button policy of left over right).  This is the first 'and only' time I have ever been in a helicopter.  I was a Medical Photographer on a Photo assignment to shoot 'the Texas Medical Center' - from the air.  Glad I shot this before we took off -because later- my entire face was Green.

jIMMY

In the Navy I flew out of Sigonella Sicily on a twin rotor transport helicopter. It was so hot there that they had removed the windows in the helicopter and flew with the back end wide open. The entire craft shakes constantly. I spent the whole flight watching to see which piece of equipment would shake loose first, knock me off my little canvas cot and roll us both out the back end. Of course that was not nearly as thrilling as taking off from an aircraft carrier in a prop engine plane to take a body to North Dakota for a funeral.

Greg