Re: I Sold My First Photo!!! (LINK)

Le 11.8.2002 7:14, « Brian Blankenship » <brian@bngraphics.com> a écrit :

> The page is using java, java protects my copyrights, JAVA BE MY SHIELD!!

Brian,

Don't be too optimistic.. Any picture seen on the screen of anyone has to be
downloaded to the computer of that person.. As soon as it is downloaded, it
can be retrieved with minimal knowledge of computers. I've made a little
test to show you that and I'm sending you the result.

Now it's true that when you are just looking at the picture in your browser,
the usual contextual menu doesn't allow you to save the picture. So this
will discourage both people not really interested (you need more than one
clic) and people who don't know much about computers. But for those really
interested there are many different other ways to get it... On PC, you just
need to know where your internet temporary files are stored  and to pick the
jpg files; they are so numberous that it can get fastidious, but there are
programs which would allow you to retrieve all the pictures stored there
more easily (Thumb Plus for instance which is a great tool for organizing
your pictures data base does scan any directory for pictures, included the
Internet temporary files). On the Mac it's a little more difficult because
the temporary Internet files are hidden, but you can always do a copy of the
screen (option+shift+4 and adjust the frame you want to copy; with OSX you
have to release the shift key if you don't want a square frame; after you
hear a loud shutter release and the result is saved; if you don't know
where, just use Sherlock to search for "picture") et voilà ..

So Java is a shield, but not the definitive shield; I don't there there can
be definitive shield if you want that people look at your pictures. You have
to know it and to size your pictures accordingly, so that they can be
viewed, but not printed at any interesting size.

Christiane