Nikon AI lens x F100

  Hi folks,

  A friend of mine called last night and asked me:

  "Charles, I have a Nikon F100 and you know I´m looking for a 300mm prime
for a long time. Ok, I found a Nikon 300mm f4.5 AI (mint condition)for a
very good price in a camera store and I would like to know if I can use this
lens in my camera??? I know I won´t have the autofocus but it´s no problem,
but what other function will not work???"

  As soon as I know just a little bit about Nikon equipment, I´m forwarding
this question to this forum.

  Thanks for any help,

  Charles

  "It´s no better to be safe than sorry"