Re:RE: Canon 80-200mm f4.5-5.6 USM????

Ok, sorry Luis, I jumped the gun and i was tiered i guess. I looked back at what I sent last night and have decided to not send email after 12 at night ever again.

I had never heard of this f/11-f/16 thing but the way Greg explained the "physics" of it make sense.

again I'm sorry if it sounded like i was jumping down your throat for it, I didn't mean to.

Does anyone know if the rule/law holds true for prime lenses as well?

At 12:47 PM 8/7/2002 +0000, you wrote:
>Ok. Well the way I understood Luis' post was that he was not >suggesting one use a lens with only 2 aperture settings (f11 & f16). I >think he was saying that this lens (like most lenses) will provide the >sharpest results at f11 or maybe f16.

  Exactly.

>Small apertures do mean you need longer exposures or faster film >but if you need the absolute sharpest image possible with a given >lens, well you've got to make some concessions.
>
>At least that's the way I understand it.
>Greg Fraser

  Well said, Greg...

   --- Luis

Brian Blankenship