From: owner-photoforum@listserver.isc.rit.edu
[mailto:owner-photoforum@listserver.isc.rit.edu]On Behalf Of İzzet
Sent: 28 July 2002 19:34
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: RE: PF exhibits of 2002-07-27

Yes,

That was what I was pointing at. The twig is blurred all along. If it
was not blurred to mimic shallow DOF, the twig would not be uniformly
blurred. At the focal plane, near the snail, the twig would have been
sharp. You are also right about the outer shell too. The problem is the
very big DOF in most digital cameras because the CCD itself is very
small in relation to 35 mm. film.