RE: PF exhibits of 2002-07-27

> > The twig ours side of the snail running to bottom left being
> > so far out of focus spoils this. It looks like the snail was
> > going nowhere so I wonder if this was the best that could be done.
> >
> > Great bokeh though.
> >

> The twig is still out of focus on the focus pane.. It is very hard to
> mimic the right DOF later with digital captures.

Digital is only another form of photography:  everything else is the same.

I meant could Chris have chosen a different angle to shoot the snail from so the twig was no longer coming towards us. At the macro scale shown I believe using a smaller aperture at the time of capture would have ruined the shot and still not succeeded in sharpening the twig enough.  All the bokeh would have gone too.

Freeserve AnyTime, only £13.99 per month with one month's FREE trial!
For more information visit http://www.freeserve.com/time/ or call free on 0800 970 8890