Re:image pricing

Excellent advice, Luis. Thanks.

----- Original Message -----
From: "luis" <chilled_delirium@mailstation.com>
To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students"
<photoforum@listserver.isc.rit.edu>
Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2002 7:20 AM
Subject: Re:image pricing

: >I have been asked to shoot an image in my style, give up all rights to
>ever using that image for my personal work. The client wants the >image to
be his forever...with the right to use it as he sees fit...ads, >promo
materials, billboards, stationery.
: >
: >Has anyone done this? If so, what kind of money is reasonable to >expect
for this kind of service?
:
:    It is called a buy-out. Figure out approximately what you would
: potentioally get, and charge 3-5X.  If the client goes for it, the price
helps wash the pain away. If he doesn't, you don't end up feeling
: used/abused.
:
:                                         --- Luis
:
:
: Lea Murphy
: Whiny Dog Press