From: "Bobbie Blazy" <stopbarking@earthlink.net>
To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students"
<photoforum@listserver.isc.rit.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2002 8:50 PM
Subject: Re: image pricing

: Often this is a very gentle client education process.
: Its pretty tough sometimes for them to understand
: our stock inventory and its value.
:
: Do you know if anyone else quoted this job---
: has this client ever used any other studio you
: are familiar with.
:
: You could give this client  'some'  freedoms
: while limiting the length of time in the contract.
: ""Useage includes blah-blah-blah for a period of
: blah-blah years.""
: If this image is a hot stock image for you,
: maybe he needs 'exclusive' rights
: for a period of time.
: Or how about sharing rights?  There are many ways to
: be creative with a client like this, if its worthwhile.
:
: ASMP has (or used to have) a nice pamphlet to give
: a really stubborn - no longer prospective - client
: on their way out the door.
:
: Who would control the original negative, how
: important is it to you have control over the printing
: of this work...
:
: I know you asked if anyone ever priced a job like yours,
: I just wanted to throw some ideas in the mix for anyone who
: has not negotiated a contract yet.
:
: Best solution - hire a rep!
: