OK - elaborating on Huh?

Sorry if my comments about two photographs in this week's
exhibit at: www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html were rather
brief, to the point of maybe being taken as insulting. I
apologize for that.

Essentially what I was trying to say was that I could not
make a meaningful connection with them. King/Arthur's
heavily manipulated image titled "Umbrageous Youth" failed
for me on several levels. I could not really decipher what
the subject of the photo was and so the title of the photo
really did not make much sense to me - sense by way of
helping me figure out what the image was all about.

Alan Hayes' photograph looked like an interesting slice of
time photo but I asked myself what is this all about? Yeah,
I read the caption - guys picking up recyclables - I just
could not make personal sense from it. Also, the face of
the guy on the right seems to have been affected by flare
and is rather indistinct - but maybe that is good, I can't
tell.

anyway, it points out that I should just stick to other
matters as my thoughts, response, ... quips about images
seem to be less than erudite. Oh, well, back to the dungeon.

Andy