4 "new" gallery exhibitors!

I was looking at the weekly gallery and noticed that apparently there
are "newcomers" represented. Rose, Dan, Erynn and Jeremy. This is some
record I believe. Anyway, I am still looking at the photographs and am
particularly impressed by Rose's swooping polar bear ... scary.

Erynn's dog, while a good photograph, suffers from tooo much
distortion probably attributable to use of a wide angle lens too close
to the dog's face. Dan and Jeremy's photographs, IMO, have sort of a
classic look to them but for me are missing some key elements that
would raise them from simply a good photograph to an outstanding one.
For me they both lack a certain level of "drama".

OK  ... while I'm at it I like Roderick's photograph for sure but now
that I know he might post photos of his wife I am a bit scared to make
really personal observations about it. :)

Marilyn's cat ... hmmm ... for my taste lighting is too soft and the
tongue of the cat gets somewhat lost. Nice expression otherwise but
for me it lacks "punch" ... but sentimental animal portraits probably
are supposed to be that way?

King/Arthur ... I dont get it. Carlson .... maybe the photo needed to
be seen closer to the soccer world cup event but I think I still would
have had to say: huh? Alan Hayes ... huh? Bob Talbot ... intersting
documentary of a bygone era ... sometimes simple sanpshots acquire
"presence" simply due to the passage of time. Thurmond - hmmm ...
somewhat static for a rocking (if Barney was indeed rocking) Barney.
BTW, I like Barney.

ok ... time for another cold one.

andy