Re: Gallery (non portrait)

Gregory writes:

>John Edwin Mason (Barn, Brunswick County, Virginia)
>I find this composition extremely static

No doubt about it--it don't move much.  I've been
looking at a lot of Walker Evans and wondering how he
made so much magic out of such seemingly uninflected,
plainspoken images.  This is something I've yet to
figure out, but what better place to work on it than a
farm in Brunswick County.  More from Brunswick will
appear in later galleries.

>but that's a great sky and I like the almost IR
>of the foreground grass.

Yes, I got lucky.  Sky was perfect and drought (which
is beginning to have devastating consequences for
farmers in the region, including my cousin) bleached
the grain.

Best, John