Re: digital infrared

On Wednesday, July 17, 2002, at 12:12 PM, wb9cac wrote:

> These images are very fascinating. Image #1096 in the Houston Park
> group is
> my favorite.  Also, thanks for the technical info.

Hi, all,

I've been away from PF for more than a year, but resubscribed about a
month ago and have been lurking during that time.

I'm interested in the digital IR discussion.  I apparently missed
earlier discussions, so I'm completely in the dark about how it works.
Could someone elaborate.  Surely there is more to it than just filters.
Are some digital CCDs more sensitive to IR than others?

I'm shooting with a Fujifilm S1 Pro and would love to try some IR, if
the camera is capable.  Can someone enlighten me?

Enjoyed viewing Victor's IR work.

On the Mickey Mouse Club, I don't think it appeared on TV until the mid
to late '50s, possibly around '56 or '57.

Cheers,

-pv
--
Phil Vinson