Re: Gallery Impressions July 7, 2002

Le 8.7.2002 18:28, « Gregory Fraser » <Gregory.Fraser@pwgsc.gc.ca> a écrit :

> Christiane Roh (Lucerne, May 2002) - I like these window images with their
> tricky optics. The scroll work above he window looks painted on when you see
> it with the more vibrant window images. I like the blend of the solid,
> classic stonework and the fluid, modern collage in the windows. Are the red
> shadows behind the woman due to the window or are they prints inside or
> outside the window?

Hi Greg,

Many thanks for writing one more review : if all the Pf members were sending
you a bottle of wine for each reviewed pictures, you'd have enough of them
in your cellar to invite all your friends for a whole year !!

The scroll work above the window was painted and not carved, well seen. This
older building was standing in the business district/historical center. The
ancient front is now only a shell, now hosting a store specialized in
clothing. The poster was hanging behind the window, but the red shadows are
a reflection of the houses and roofs standing at the other end of the
square.