From: David Rayfield <Rayfield@svsu.edu>
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
<photoforum@listserver.isc.rit.edu>
Sent: Thursday, July 04, 2002 1:07 AM
Subject: Re: OT What in the hell is that $#*&*% knob for???

> >From page 199 of "The Complete Nikon System: An Illustrated Equipment
Guide" by Peter Braczko, re. the micro Nikkor 105 mm f/4: "In 1977, the
slightly improved AI version came on the marlet, and it can be identified by
its chrome locking screw for the focus, which makes it easier to use this
lens in a vertical position on a reproduction unit. The first serial number
of this version is 186956, although lower serial numbers are possible."