Re: oh no, another copyright question

Does this constitute "personal use"?  It is
> certainly not something I would have the $ to pursue as far as
enforcing,
> just wanting to know how to respond next time.  Thanks,

Angi

Whatever the law says - welcome to the facts of life.
The only difference on this occasion is that you got to hear about it.
It might be worth pursuing for personal satisfaction (to take the
smile off the smart-arse who mentioned the scanning while you were
stood there.  But how many days have you left in your life?

No doubt you could send threatening letters:  in the UK you could take
out a court injunction to prevent that specified individual from
copying that specific print.
Of course you are right to tell her "no".  But of all the other prints
you sold and didn't hear this, I bet half are scanned and sent as
email to friends.

Is it right?  No.

Is it a fact of life, fraid so.

Can it be stopped?
Only by act of congress and a huge dallop of magical thinking.

What we need are to make unscannable photographs.  Anyone teaching you
how to scan photographs is comiting a felony.  Anyone selling
equipment that can be used to scan photographs ...

Q?