> Re: stolen camera equipment INSURE

It happened to me, once.  Horrible feeling.  I sympathize.

#1  Any pro working without business insurance is skating on thin ice.  For
$45 a month, I carried a two million dollar liability for complience during
photography on government property, like National Parks.  (If a driver is
watching you and has an accident YOU are liable.  Did you know that?)  It
included a blanket $20,000 replacement, $500 deductable No Questions Asked
replacement clause.

#2 Non pro, you camera bag is covered by your auto insurance, and the rest
is covered under your homeowners' insurance.  If you are a renter, apartment
dweller you should have some variation of homeowners' insurance like
renter's insurance.  With photos and/or receipts theft is replaced
immediately and often times updated.  Insurance companies have brokers who
will replace your equipment if it is stock stuff, and sometimes you get an
updated model.

Skating on thin ice ...

S. Shapiro