Re: Photographers in Australia

>  > I've just popped up in Australia (sydney), the start of a new life and
>>  trying to avoid computers if I can. Thought I'd crawl out of the
>>  woodwork and see if anyone here could point me towards a place (or gimme
>>  ideas) to start a career in photography in Sydney...
>>
>  > Any ideas anyone?
>
>Strewth! welcome to downunda Deen.
>I'll have a bit of a butchers hook and see if I know anyone that side of the
>flat who offer you any pointers.  Sydney's a lovely place, I didn't get to
>see a lot of it last I was there as I only had shanks to get around but
>there's some eye popping shots to be had there (you were into eyes, yes? )
>So  have you had time for a breather or are you ready to go like a Bondi
>tram?  I'm sure you'll get a fair suck of the sav amoung the locals, but
>have a squizz around to work out the best angle .. there are some places I'm
>sure would be happy as Larry to have another photographer around the traps
>but you don't want to make a dogs breakfast of it by riling someone to the
>point they drop the bundle - it could get as ugly as a hatfull of
>arseholes. - But I don't need to tell you that, you can obviously keep up
>with your own shadow, who am I to tell you how to milk a cat? ;-)
>Anyway.  Welcome to Oz :-)
>karl

Fair go Karl! He's hardly had time to point Percy at the porcelain
and you come the raw prawn.
Don't  take any notice mate - he's just some western bogan with a bad
case of sand in the underdungers. Of course, if you ever shoot
through and swing south of the Emerald City, looking for substance
rather than style, I could suggest a couple of nice cribs but if
you're staying up there then all you'll need is an old 'blad and
talent for big-noting yourself.
In the meantime -
* Keep well out of the woodwork - it's full of termites and borer.
* Don't argue with the Sydney wallopers.
* Stay clear of the Cross. Unless....
* Not all the sharks are in the wet stuff.
* Get a hat.

AndrewF
(Melbourne)
NB. You may want to stay with the computer - at least their geeks
speak a common language :)