Re: American Masters Stamps

> Karl spake:
> << we've been using them for years in Oz.. Long after the letter has
> decomposed in the letter box,the stamps remain >>

To wit Rich asked politely:

> I don't doubt that the stamps (in sheets with adhesive backing) will last
> when affixed to a letter, but will they separate from their backing when,
for
> example, they are framed and stored vertically?

Once bonded, the ones we have here seem reluctant to seperate under any
condions - maybe soaking them in solvent will get them off, let me just
try..

success!

I just applied a stamp to an envelope then soaked it off by applying a
liberal splodge of acetone to the envelope paper.. the inks on the stamp
were fine and the stamp was able to be eapplied elsewhere afterwards :-)

> The gummed variety of stamps
> didn't have the issue of backing material to be concerned with--just
> cockroaches and other bugs being attracted to the glue.

you could use these ones as flypaper

> Should they be given the same archival considerations as a photograph, or
are
> there other issues to be concerned with?

Like anything new, only time will tell but I can safely say that neither
water nor acetone appear to harm them in any way during the early stages of
their lives.

Karl