RE: Photographing Fireworks

Jason,
  Below are a couple of links I consider good (your mileage may vary):

http://www.nyip.com/tips/topic_firewk698.html

http://photo2.si.edu/firew/firew.html

I use low speed film, shoot at F5.6 to F8, and use exposures between 2 to 10
seconds, depending on how many bursts you want on a frame.  The key is a
TRIPOD!  Also, don't use any filters, as even a daylight filter can cause
problems with such contrasty shots.
  As the links show, try to get something in the photo besides the bursts.
It will be much more interesting, even if it is just the crowd.
Dave B.

Jason Antman wrote:
> Does anyone out there have any experience photographing
> fireworks? If not,
> does anyone know where I can find information on technique, metering, and
film selection (B&W and color)?