Comments on 22 June 2002 Gallery

Hi all,

       Boy those weeks go by quickly; seems I didn't get to the last gallery in time.  Well here are a few more basic comments;  looking forward to getting better at this:

Dalrymple - Tile -  Interesting image and presentation. I think that the gold cord and fan adds to this presentsation.  I would guess this could also be glued into a regular tile wall - which seems to be a good idea to me.  How do you make it weather and sun proof?

Shipman - What's her name -  The textures and colours in the dress are very attractive;  the composition and flesh tones are reaaly bonus.

Pires - Pinhole Car -  Interesting composition and technique.

Hansen - Winter -  Interesting picture elements and exposure.

Arthur -  St. Pats Parade -  Can't really see the parade.  The selective focus/sharpen/blur works really well making a 'mysterious' photo.

Stevens - Stone Pile -  Interesting process; super stones.  I would like more colour in the stones and maybe a blue sky.

Mason - Curious Image -  Nice perspective.  Is it a nature walkway.  I would like more saturation, but would guess this is realistic - maybe its just my monitor.  It was just too far - had to rest?

Van Verst - Ruby Falls -  I like this - shutter speed seems right for the falls.  I'm pretty sure I have seen this before with discussion of foreground rocks.  The colour seems right.

Powell - Blueberries -  Might be possible to get a little more detail in the berries.  I might try to crop a bit on the right, the leaves not with these berries.  The focus seems pretty good;  is this in macro mode on that lens?

Chen - Red -  Lovely and simple;  not simple to do though.

Vasconcellos - Palomea -  Great shot and composition.  I would like to fill the shadow under her lip a little.  Nit picky.

Roh -  Great balanced shot - delicate colour - not dark inside flower.  I might want to remove what appears to be a dead flower below.

        Thanks for posting the pictures,

                                                                  Morley