Re: copyright?

At 05:14 PM 6/16/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>In a message dated 6/16/02 10:01:34 AM EST, elf@cape.com writes:
>
>> No, Alan.  In US law you cannot license any-time usage of photographs
>>  you happen to possess a single copy of, without the permission of the
>>  copyright holder, in writing.  That's the essence of US Copyright law.
>>
>But if you have the only copy and it has never been copyrighted, can you
>license the usage?

Guys,

One has only to look in the "credits" of a publication to see what I'm
referring to. A fee is usually paid to use each illustration. Other copies
of the illustration can exist in other collections. Of course the
illustration can not be copyrighted by anyone but the seller. I wanted to
hear that a simple claim of ownership would give protection instead of
having to create a fine print contract.

AZ

Maker of Lookaround panoramic camera.
http://www.panoramacamera.us