Re: Virus in image files ?

At 10:52 PM 6/15/2002 +0900, you wrote:
>Alan Zinn <azinn@netbox.com> writes:
>
>> I don't fault the virus marketing people for keeping people alert to the
>> idea that they are vulnerable.
>
>I think these people are crooks. They are crooks, because they are
>spouting gibberish in an attempt to make money from frightening
>uninformed people.

Brian,

Ya mean like the U.S. Homeland Security color code?

**Official Government warning: There will be earthquakes on the West Coast.
There will be Hurricanes in the Gulf. A bad guy will get ya. Beeee careful.**

>> I think service providers should lose their
>> license if they don't boot customers who do not use protection.
>
>This is offensively ill-informed nonsense. You think taking snake oil
>should be legally compulsory? Why not make all Micro$oft software
>illegal? Wouldn't that achieve the same aim quicker?

Then inform us why virus protection software is snake oil? Mine stops that
blasted klez virus almost every day. All software is vulnerable.  MS is the
most attacked because it's the most widely used. Eliminating viruses is
impossible - like curing the common cold. We are stuck with them forever and
any relief is welcome to me.

>Your article doesn't make any sense. Bill Pettit said this was
>"explained" to him in a particular way: if he actually understands this
>"explanation" I'd be grateful for a quick rundown on what it's supposed
>to mean.

>Brian Chandler
>geo://Sano.Japan.Planet_3
>http://imaginatorium.org/