Re: Info about EOS 50e/Elan IIe

Charles,
you should get 2-3 fps with or without BP-50.
I always had it on (I have sold the camera now) so have not paid any
attention to any specifics of change in FPS. However, literature probably
does not say that having BP-50 enhances FPS. What it may reduce is draining
of batteries. If you are using long lenses (say 70-200/2.8) you will see
dramatic drainage of battery in continuous shooting mode, if not using
BP-50.
Situation is very clear, say in 1v, where having or not having specific
battery pack changes the speed from 7-8 to max 10fps.
Even though Elan IIe is a great camera, I was not at all satisfied with its
AF speed with long lenses. May be my particular body was not good.
Incidentally, does anybody know why EOS D60 takes so long to ship and pl
share any experiences you guys may have with D60. thanks,
-achal

Achal Pashine
Pediatric Immunology
Center for Clinical Sciences Research, Room 2120
269 Campus Drive
Stanford, CA 94305-5164

Tel: 1-650-498-7574
FAX: 1-650-498-6077