From: owner-photoforum@listserver.isc.rit.edu
[mailto:owner-photoforum@listserver.isc.rit.edu]On Behalf Of Rob Miracle
Sent: 07 June 2002 04:39
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: RE: Return to Digital

Achal Pashine wrote:
>IMHO, digital does not replace the artists eye that you already have. So
>besides saving some photoshopping to clone out scratches, I don't think
>there will be any major gain artistically. And, I certainly don't think
that
>because of digital advantage you will shoot in general direction first and
>think later. :) what do you think?

Chris has the perspective of having learned on digital, migrated to film,
and now moves back to digital.   It think this gives him a unique
perspective on things.

When he first joined the list years ago (at least 4-5 years ago), he had a
digital point and shoot and was making regular gallery submissions that
frankly drew a lot of critique from the members.   Horizons not straight,
contrast issues, composition issues.   But he worked and he worked at
composition without thought for mechanics and started making better and
better photographs.

He jumped into the MF world and learned the mechanics and frankly his
photos have been a pleasure to see week after week as he has become a quite
competent photographer.   I think I predicted way back when he jumped to MF
there would be a day he returned to digital.

Now he understands the craft and with his much more flexible digital tools,
can once again focus on composition now that he's prepared to handle when
auto doesn't work and I think we can expect some spectacular photos going
forward.   I for one look forward to it.

If I had any one comment to make, I would recommend Chris look at a Nikon
D100 or a Canon D60.   The ability to change lenses and have fast glass
will help you in your creativity.   I find the all in one design of the
E10/E20 series limiting.

Go for it Chris!!!!!

Rob
--