Re: Post Card Project

 Hi, Roger, et al ---
                    I am sorry that the posts about the postcard exchange
 are irritating you. Most of the e-mail outside of open recruitment,
  has been private. By the way, the listowner is himself a participant,
 a "drooler" and has had nothing but praise and encouragement for this
 project.

 I have asked all the participants to address all direct mail to me
 off-list, and the great majority have complied.

   One thing to keep in mind is that while it is true that
 the number of participants is a miniscule percentage of the PF
 membership, they easily account for a minimum of 2/3rds if not
 more of all the posts on PF, and at least that many reviews.

  They are not insignificant in their contributions to, and
 presence on, this list. They, in fact, keep this list alive
 by generating the majority of the content on it, a lot of the
  FAQs on Andy's page, and answering questions posed by the
 cognoscenti to those of the occassional lurker that surfaces.

   I understand the points you made, and although it is too late
  in this project to find someone to put up a webpage, etc., that
  is a good suggestion, and one that I will incorporate in future
  projects I will bring to PF members. This time, I really wanted
  to K.I.S.S. on this project.

  As long as I have the listowner's approval/permission to do these
  projects on the list, they will be part of it, and posts related
  to this will be seen on this list.

  This is not the first project whose recipients have liberally
  posted on this list. The PTC generated hundreds of posts, and
  it was almost two years before a single picture from it went up
  on a website. It is still generating many posts, and as with the
  Postcard Exchange, with the approval and participation of the
  listowner. This project is not even three months old. If you
  have a beef with this, please take it up with
  him, after all, it is his list, and we are all guests here.

  Otherwise, I would suggest using the delete button or filtering
  out messages with "PE-I", "postcard", or "Post Card" in them.

    Consider this an official invitation to the next exchange.

                                     --- Luis