Gallery comments - Through a Cyclone Fence

In a message dated 5/11/2002 12:44:42 AM Central Daylight Time, DSmall9917@aol.com writes:

In a message dated 5/10/02 11:44:07 PM Eastern Daylight Time, marilyn@rglobal.net writes:

David Small
Through a Cyclone Fence:  Colorful, nice action shot.  I find the area above the mural a bit distracting.  If I crop the top 1/2 inch my attention goes directly to the boys and the colorful mural.  Maybe I'm just being lazy  and don't want to have to think about what's taking place in the photograph.  Actually the area above the mural gives the photograph a sense of place.

Marilyn Thanks for taking the time to do a review. I have to get off my backside and do one for a change.  I have been of two minds about that tophalf of " through a cyclone fence" I did want to give it a sence of place yet it does look better with the top cropped off. Greg made the same comment. Guess i'll print it both ways.Dave

DAVID,

            I strongly -disagree-!  Photography is Not just about making -pretty pictures-!
If You use it to  'Portray the Human Condition'   it can -Transcend Art!

            I vote the -Top 1/2 half inch and sense of Place Stays!     Anyone Else??

jIMMY