Re: Members gallery : The lift.

Thanks to both Bob Turner and Greg this week.

> Bob Talbot (Self Portraits) - Wow! With one photo you stripped Achal of the
> 'Most PF self portraits' title!

The previous one I showed as a link ...
http://www.st-abbs.fsnet.co.uk/tempery/self.htm

rather than as a submission to the gallery showed marked signs of camera shake:  you really needed to examine it closely to tell though.

>>Can you imagine being trapped in that thing
>>for a few hours? How about after a 'Grateful Dead' concert?
If it comes to pure dreaming I can think of some quite "entertaining" scenarios ... it would depend who you were trapped in there with ;o)

>>Very cool photo with nice recession of lines.
What intrigues me now (but I did not notice at the time) was how the patterns of reflections of the overhead lights on the metal cross beams differ at every reflection.  It is not just cloned repetition.

>I realize it is out of necessity but I like
> the way you appear to be cowering in the corner.
The necessity is twofold:
1) the need for a long exposure hence bracing hand against door of lift
2) the further you squeeze into the corner the more reflections you get.

Ideally I want this shot without the photographer:  I know, a pinhole camera  ;o)

Bob