RE: Not really photography but optics related

Thanks for the answers but I needed a little more clarification and I found
it at this web site.
http://webphysics.ph.msstate.edu/javamirror/ipmj/java/dlens/. This applet
explains your mysterious remark about this type of lens not forming an image
on film Andy.

Thanks Bob and Andy.

Greg

There is no little penta prism in there. The construction is similar to a
"spy glass" (Galilean telescope)  in that it doesn't developed an image, you
just look through it backwards (optically speaking). Look at it like a wide
angle adaptor similar to those built for the normal lens of a cheap camera -
only for your eye.

Regards,
Bob..