Re: PF members' exhibits on April 27, 2002

hey hey, high time to make a gallery review of my own.
so:

John Mason - Andy and Jeff/Summer Concert
  wonderfull shot, and a great publicity piece for the band...the moment i
show it, it reminded me of a well lit jazz cafe in Salonica that i used to
frequent.cool photo of a cool jazz section...i would like to see the man in
teh foreground a little bit more focused though

Roderick Chen - jazz
  just a classic shot, hugelly accenuated by the vivid variable colors.

Greg Fraser - Passage
  if that ain't rustd iron, nothing else can be. cropping and the vertical
shot befits it.

Marilyn Dalrymple - Desert Blooms
  sorry marilyn , but nature/landscape shots do not charm me these days.
it does seem technically sound though

Kostas Papakotas - battle of the beasts
  what a great photographer, what a great shot. isn't it the photo of the
year...serioysly now, i do not have anything more to inform you of.

jIMMY Harris - Prickly Pear Cactus
  if the cactus edible and a fuel source, that means sugar. lots of it in
its juice. you know that means in return? TEQUILA!
and yes, the flower is a pretty thing...see the way the stems appear made of
crystal...great shinning look

Dan Mitchell - Plastic Sea
  it seems to me that photo looks better as thumpnail.the plant openings
seen at the foreground seem to kill the sea effect.

Jan Faul - Malvern Hill, nr. Richmond
  strangely enough teh thumpnail seems longer than the original, and because
of this more appealing to me...can you try cropping it to a higher
width/height ratio?

Alan P. Hayes - Study for Buick-Oldsmobile Reunion
  hmm too technical shot for me.

Emily L. Ferguson -
  great effort and persistence...but if i judge correctly it needs a sharper
focusing, doesn't it?

King/Arthur - Wampanaug w/ tourist
  well i'm not into stret/journa;ist photography also, so i get no veibes by
such a photo...sorry arthur

well, that was all folks, just as best as i could do...kostas