Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Snow Leopard and PG 8.4 problems....

On Aug 29, 2009, at 2:40 PM, Martin Gainty wrote:

for superusers only

dblink-connect takes a libpq style connection string with hostaddr as first attribute

dblink("hostaddr=127.0.0.1 port=5432 dbname=mydb user=postgres password=mypasswd");
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/contrib-dblink-connect.html
Martin Gainty

I have been able to use just the ip in the host field but Snow Leopard seems to have
broken using a 'name' in the host field... see below.

It appears that compiling pg 8.4 gives rise to libs with architecture of x386_64... What sort of magic do I have to use to get a 32 bit version of the various libs ? ( I don't seem to be able to find where in the make file I can ask the linker to
add the various archs, but I am getting bleary eyed.)

I don't seem to be able to compile python support against the apple 2.6 or the macpython
2.5 versions (of python).

Has anyone built a Snow Leopard version of pg with python support?
Am I the only one to have problems with dblink on Snow Leopard?

( the fedora 11 rpms work fine...)

Jerry