Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Invalid memory alloc request

Guy Helmer <ghelmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Normally I'd say "data corruption", but it is odd if you got the
>> identical message from two different machines.  Can you reproduce
>> it with a debugger attached?  If so, a backtrace from the call of
>> errfinish might be useful.

> Yes, here is the backtrace.

Well, that looks just about like you'd expect for a bytea column.

Hmm ... you mentioned 500MB total in the textdata column.  Is it
possible that that's nearly all in one entry?  It's conceivable
that the text representation of the entry is simply too large.
(The next question of course would be how you got the entry in there,
but maybe it was submitted in binary protocol, or built by
concatenation.)

			regards, tom lane