Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Does derby have an embedded Mode like Derby ?

On Wed, Aug 05, 2009 at 08:02:13AM -0400, Bill Moran wrote:
> > this
> > is an opensource project and to enable others to contribute easily it is
> > much easier if they can download the code and run mvn package to compile
> > and test. Once you start introducing external database setups, and
> > database configs things can easily start going wrong, and you can't
> > share databases when doing automated testing
>
> Gonna have to disagree yet again.

Yup, I'm wondering about it as well.  Surely if it's an open source
project, people are going to have a database setup to run the thing with
anyway--if only to test it?

For build/test farms it's going to make it a bit more complex yes, but
wouldn't it be easier to configure each machine separately (or write a
set of scripts to do the common setup if you have 20+ test boxes!) than
to bake in a large set of assumptions into your test scripts?

--
  Sam  http://samason.me.uk/