Search Postgresql Archives

Re: memory leak occur when disconnect database

Because of the three-day break, my response is late.

Valgrind is a great tool, but you must learn how to identify false
positives and tell the difference between a leak that matters (say 1kb
allocated and not freed in a loop that runs once per second) and a leak
that doesn't.

I get the memory leak scenario not only from Valgrind, but also from the output of top command. At first I think the memory leak occur when I disconnect database by Valgrind, then I write a test sample that just connect and disconnect database in a infinite loop to check it. after 1 hour performation, 7M memory is leaked.