Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Function does not exist

Hello,

In my function i had defined addnewuser(integer,character,......), and i call this function by Java code.

I had created function with integer datatype but database always gives me error,
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: function addnewuser(bigint,character varying,....) does not exist

Why database gives me bigint error instead i had declare integer in function.

Next i create one more function named adduser(bigint,character,....).
but then it gives me same error.

--
Thanks,
Dipesh

Pavel Stehule wrote:
Hello

it's look like problem with casting. You defined function
name(integer,...) but you call it with bigint param. Bigint cannot be
casted to int - so you have to redefine your func - name(bigint, ...

regards
Pavel Stehule