Search Postgresql Archives

Re: running postgresql on a private machine accessing it from public web pages

We usually run postgresql on a private machine (gravity) but due to space, we have moved the database to a different machine through afs (a local network at the university). We do not want the private machine to be accessible to outside users, so our web pages are on the university's public web pages. They have mysql, but won't install postgresql, which we've been using on gravity for years.

We want to add a database where users can get and plot data using php over the internet. But since the public computers don't have postgresql, can we have postgresql running on gravity allowing users accessing through the internet on the public pages to access the data?

thanx,
keith