Search Postgresql Archives

running postgresql on a private machine accessing it from public web pages

We have a private machine that runs postgresql and have created a database. We want to access that database from the web for plotting using php. The web server and pages are on a public (different) machine that does not have postgresql. Nor will they install it for is. The postgresql database is also on the public machine (which the private machine can access).

So, the question is, can someone go through these (public) web pages and access the postgresql database if the postgresql server is running on the private machine?

We have other data in the postgresql and would like to only have to use one database types, i.e., postgresql.

Thanx,
keith

--
"Nonviolence is not a cover for cowardice, but it is the supreme virtue of the brave."  Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
Keith D. Evans