Search Postgresql Archives

Re: INTERVAL SECOND limited to 59 seconds?

Sebastien FLAESCH wrote:
Actually it's not limited to the usage of INTERVAL SECOND, I am writing
a PostgreSQL driver for our 4GL virtual machine...

I need to store all possible Informix INTERVAL types such as:

   INTERVAL MONTH(8) TO MONTH
   INTERVAL DAY(8) TO MINUTE
   INTERVAL SECOND TO FRACTION(5)
   ... etc ...

If PostgreSQL is not able to store months > 11, hours > 23 and minutes
or seconds > 59

Well, it's not storage it's formatting. Doesn't make any difference to your problem though.

>, it looks like I will need to deal with PostgreSQL's

   INTERVAL YEAR TO MONTH
   INTERVAL DAY TO SECOND(5)

... and make conversions, to store all possible Informix INTERVALs...

If you know a little "C" you could build some custom types to match your needs. It should just be a matter of applying the correct formatting as a wrapper around the existing "interval" type.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd