Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Disconnected editing - versioning of databases

Will,

William Temperley wrote:
Hi All

I'm wondering if anyone can share any insights or experience with
temporary versions of databases, allowing "disconnected editing"
during Internet downtime.

What do your users use for updating data? Software that you developed for them? Do they use a web-interface?

What I do in one of my applications (.NET) is to allow the users to make data available offline with a simple XML serialisation. So they are then allowed to make updates to the local XML data, and when online/connected again do a "upload" back into the central database.

Regards,

Johan Nel
Pretoria, South Africa.