Search Postgresql Archives

Is it possible for PostgreSQL to support mmddyyyy date format?

I'm currently porting an Informix based application to PostgreSQL 8.3.
All of the dates processed by the application are in the mmddyyyy
format.  According to the date input table at the link below, the
mmddyyyy format is not listed.  The yyyymmdd format is supported, but
I'd have to modify a LOT of code to change the format, which I'm trying
to avoid.  Is there any way to get PG to work with the mmddyyyy date
format?  I know I can use the to_date function, but again, it would be
MUCH simpler if PG worked with this format.

-Thanks

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/datatype-datetime.html#DATATYPE-DATETIME-DATE-TABLE