Search Postgresql Archives

%r in restore_command?

Hi,

Please allow me to rephrase a question I asked on this list some time ago. Could somebody shine some light on what exactly influences the value of the %r parameter in the restore_command (as used in recovery.conf)? I'm using this in a hot-standby-configuration in combination with pg_standby and _sometimes_ my archive on shipped transaction logs grow really huge. The value of %r then never changes any more in subsequent calls of the restore_command, causing pg_standby to not delete any WAL segment anymore.

Thanks,

Duco