Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Installation Error, Server Won't Start

Raymond,

I used the pgInstaller on the Win2K box and it is working.  I
downloaded from a different mirror.  The installation ran a little
different.  Additionally, there seemed to be an issue with rights.
The installer setup a user which I accepted but it came back saying
that the rights weren't right (I don't remember the specifics).  So I
built a user and made it an administrator (the FAQ said it shouldn't
be an administrator), but the installer responded with a statement of
the effect that this user didn't have the correct rights.  So I
changed the user to a superuser.  The installer liked that.

But when the installation progressed to choosing languages, Python was
no longer shown as available.  I accepted the only one available and
proceded.  .  .  Not it works.

The problem is I need Python functionality for Trac.  Can I add it?
How do I get where I need to be?

Thanks,

Ray