Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Installation Error, Server Won't Start

On Mar 18, 5:07 pm, r...@xxxxxx ("Raymond O'Donnell") wrote:
> On 18/03/2009 21:10, ray wrote:
>
> > I downloaded the 8.3 exe for Windows (XP) and started the
> > installation.  When it got near the end, a warning window opened
> > stating "Problem running post-install step.  Installation may not
> > complete correctly.  Failed to start the database server."
>
> Did you select the option to log the installation? If you didn't,
> uninstall if you can, then try it again, and if it still doesn't work
> post the log here (or at least the bits showing errors).
>
> Ray.

> Raymond O'Donnell, Director of Music, Galway Cathedral, Ireland
> r...@xxxxxx
> Galway Cathedral Recitals:http://www.galwaycathedral.org/recitals

Raymond,

I do not see an opportunity to request a log to be written.  From the
Psotgre site, I downloaded:
postgresql-8.3.7-1-windows.exe

There isn't an entry in the Control Panel to remove PostgreSQL.  When
I rerun the installation, it detects that there is an existing one and
says it will update.  Then it asked what I want to do with some of the
conflicts (which I said "Ignore").

Ray

-
To make changes to your subscription: