Search Postgresql Archives

SQL plan in functions

Hello, list.

I have a function witch returns record set. What troubles me is that depending on parameters I pass to this function the execution time varies greatly. On the other hand if I execute the query (not the function) with pgAdmin - it gives results quickly. In previous post You helped me realize, that the problem was because the function has only one plan of SQL inside no matter the parameters values. Is there a way to order postgres to check the plan each time the function is called?

--
Julius Tuskenis