Search Postgresql Archives

Re: A bit confused about Postgres Plus

Alvaro Herrera wrote on 17.12.2008 13:28:
> Thomas Kellerer wrote:
>
>> as the Enterprise DB distribution ("One Click Installer") seems to be
>> the recommendation from the Postgres team for a binary download, I
>> wonder what the exact difference between Postgres and Postgres Plus
>> is.
>
> "Recommendation"?  I find this a worrying statement, and hereby request
> that the one-click installer is moved after the community supported
> packages where we have them (Windows and Linux), and that the source
> code link is moved upper in the main downloads page.

[I'm reading this list through the newsserver at news.gmane.org, and several answers did not seem to make it to news.gmane.org but only to my private email]

The reason I used the word "recomendation" is, that two friends of mine whom I recommended Postgres were downloading the EnterpriseDB package because that was "the first on the list".

Those were the Windows and Mac OS X binaries.

When you go to http://www.postgresql.org/download/ and then either click on Windows or Mac OS X, the "one click installer" is the first option (and it's the same for Linux).

Thomas