Search Postgresql Archives

Re: A bit confused about Postgres Plus

Hi Dave,

Dave Page, 17.12.2008 11:05:
These are really questions for us (EnterpriseDB rather than
pgsql-general) - especially as none of the pricing or support pages
are linked directly from postgresql.org.

Yes, partially :)

But then the upgrade path from Postgres to the Advanced Server is a very good argument for choosing Postgres (and a major advantage over other so-called OpenSource RDBMS), so that's why I chose to post to pgsql-general - and because I know you guys are reading this :)
- Advanced Server is not Open Source, and includes our Oracle
compatibility, replication/migration tools, GridSQL, DBA Management
Server and other tools.

That's what I thought as well. It's a bit confusing that the documentation link on the right hand side _seems_ to relate to the current product (which it doesn't) and then includes the compatibility guide.
Maybe you should have column on http://www.enterprisedb.com/learning/documentation.do indicating for package the document is relevant.

Yeah, that is a little confusing. I think what it's trying to tell you
is what amount of support you get for the subscription level you buy
*should you choose to buy support from us*. Obviously you do not have
to buy anything from us to use the PostgreSQL or Postgres Plus
Standard Server packages for development or production.

I'll ask the marketing folks to look at improving that.
Fine :)

Thanks for the quick answer and clarification.

Thomas