Search Postgresql Archives

Re: tup_returned/ tup_fetched

El Martes, 16 de Diciembre de 2008 04:02:09 Sebastian Böhm escribió:
> sorry I was not very precise.
>
> My question is what does it actually mean in the end for these two
> functions:
>
> pg_stat_get_db_tuples_returned(oid) bigint Number of tuples returned
> for database
> pg_stat_get_db_tuples_fetched(oid) bigint Number of tuples fetched for
> database
>
> I read the description below, but I don't completely understand the
> difference.
>
>From 8.2 docs

pg_stat_get_tuples_returned(oid)  bigint
Number of rows read by sequential scans when argument is a table, or number of index entries returned when argument is an index

pg_stat_get_tuples_fetched(oid)  bigint
Number of table rows fetched by bitmap scans when argument is a table, or table rows fetched by simple index scans using the index when argument is an index

--
No imprima este correo si no es necesario. El medio ambiente está en nuestras manos.